How To Barbeque (BBQ) Outdoors
As soon as the arrival of summers, most people feel an urge to go outside and start grilling. Outdoor barbeque is mostly enjoyed by a lot people during summers and provide them great outdoor entertainment along with good barbeque food. Some people prefer charcoal grilling while others prefer gas barbeque.
Difference between charcoal and gas barbeque
Charcoal barbeque is mostly carried out with charcoal with inexpensive grills. They get hot very easily, but they need to be preheated for 20 minutes before using them. Though the smoky flavor gets into your food and you have to deal with real fire, but still the food is thoroughly cooked due to attainment of high temperature.
Gas barbeque is carried out on more complicated grills which are expensive too. There are minimal chances of smoky flavor and is easy to clean too.
Tips for excellent barbeque
1. The grills need to be preheated before carrying out the barbeque. Chimney starter is usually used to heat charcoal grill while the gas grills are heated by supplying of gas. The duration of heating for gas grills is ten minutes while the time of heating of a charcoal grill is 20 minutes.
2. Brass wire brush is used to clean the chunks of stacked pieces and for sufficient scraping. The brushing is done both before and after grilling. A little grease is also left on the grill after barbequing to prevent rusting.
3. Canola oil is then applied to the grills with the help of long tongs to attain a high smoking temperature. This prevents stickiness during barbequing.
4. Tongs and spatula are mainly used to turn the meat pieces upside down. It prevents the loss of juices.
5. The flipping of each meat piece should be done once and try not to press your spatula on the burgers during grilling.
6. Soak some wood chips in charcoal will help you in obtaining great smoky flavor. Herb essence can be introduced into the grilling food by placing the soaked herbs on the grate.
7. The marination or sauce preparation should be carried at night before carrying out the barbeque. You can facilitate from indoor grills if it`s raining outside.
8. The taste of the outdoor barbeque should clearly differentiate from the indoor cooking. Meat takes time to cook so its better to use two zone grill. One side for attaining a juicy meat while the other side for appropriate burnished crust.
9. Try to keep a balance of salt and papers while the barbeque sauces should be used sparingly.
Most of the people carry out barbeque in their backyards with their friends and family. The whole process of barbeque is enjoyable and interesting with best barbeque flavored food. Barbeques are also carried out on picnics and special family occasions.